- Try following the instructions in this newsletter first before calling ClearDent Technical Support.
- Even though the new fees are not in effect until February 1, 2012 you may update your office to the new fee guide prior to this date if your dentist is okay with charging patients at the new rates a few days ahead.
- Try following the first few steps in the instructions a couple of days before February 1, 2012 to see if you are comfortable with self update. In fact you can go through step 1 to 15 first before Feb 1st 2012 to save some time. Feel free to call us if you are stuck in the process.
- If you do require further assistance updating the fee guide and need to call ClearDent Technical Support expect a higher than usual call volume on January 30th, 31st and February 1st . Please kindly leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
1. Right-Click on the following link below and select the “Save Target As” option
2. The Save As window will open up. Click on My Computer on the left, then double click Local Disk (C:), Program Files, Prococious Technology Inc, ClearDent and lastly Fee Schedule. Press the Save button.
3. Select the Applicable Guide for your office from below and repeat step 2:
2012 Pacific Blue Cross Fee Guide
2012 BC College Fee Guide
2012 Fee Guide for Geriatric Patients Requiring Out of Office Care
2012 Fee Guide for Specialists in Pediatrics
2012 Fee Guide for Specialists in Periodontics
4. Open ClearDent, login and go to System->Configurations->Procedure Codes.
5. In the lower left hand corner click on the Import button and then Procedure Codes.
6. The Import from window should open already in the folder C:\Program Files\Prococious Technology Inc\ClearDent\Fee Schedule. Select the file named Procedure Code.xml that was saved in step 2 and press the Open button.
7. A question will confirm that you want to import any new codes. Press Yes and an informational window will display any new codes that were added to the system. Press Ok and close the Manage Procedure Codes window.
8. Go to System->Configurations->Fee Schedules.
9. Press the Import button on the lower left hand corner. A window to choose which file to import will load. Select the applicable fee guide you downloaded in Step 3.
10. Click the Update button (as shown above). In the From drop down field select the old guide that is to be updated. (Ex. 2011 GP Schedule). In the To drop down select the new guide that was recently imported. (Ex. 2012 GP Schedule) and press the Update button. A warning making sure you want to make this change will appear, press Ok. All policies that were previously using the 2011 GP Schedule will have been updated to use the 2012 Schedule. Press the Close button.
To Set All Providers to Use a Particular Schedule
11. Highlight the new guide that your providers will bill from by default (eg. 2012 BC ADSC GP) and press the Apply ->To All Providers. A warning will ask if you want to make this change. Press Ok. All Providers will now be billing out of the new schedule.
Creating a Custom Schedule Based on the College Schedule
12. If your practice uses a Custom schedule based on the current college schedule (Ie. College schedule plus 10%) then you will need to use the Add button under System->Configurations->Fee Schedules to make a new schedule based on the latest schedule.
13. The Create Fee Schedule window will open. In the Based on Fee Schedule dropdown select the new guide (Ex. 2012 GP Schedule).
14. Enter a name for the custom schedule (Ex. Dr’s Name Custom Schedule 2012)
15. On the right hand side adjustments can be applied, such as a percentage increase on all fees, as well as rounding. After ‘Applying’ the adjustments press Ok to save the guide.